Monday, June 6, 2011

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

I've had this one before, but I needed at least 2 of these to truly call this one a favorite.  I can now safely say it is.  Here's what I've found.

Appearance:  Pours an orangey apple juice with a 2.5 finger head. 
Aroma:  Floral hops, like it’s been fermented for 90 minutes (which it is!).  Best smelling beer EVER.  I am also picking up sweet malts.
Taste:  Sweet malts like caramel popcorn, with an equal punch of a grapefruity citrus finish. 
Mouthfeel:  Incredibly smooth.  Hides the booziness well.
Overall:  One of the maltiest IPA’s I’ve ever had, BUT also one of the best IPA’s  I’ve ever had. Tremendous beer.  
Ap-  A-
Ar-  A+
Ta-  A+
Mf-  A
Overall- A

While you hopefully enjoy this beer while reading our review, here's a great video that pairs nicely.



90 Minute IPA
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery
Milton, Delaware 
-stefan


No comments:

Post a Comment